Document Control System Software for Best Practices
The ability to manage documentation by using a recognized process for naming conventions, version control, and role-based permission access is essential to implementing best practices such as ISO 9001, ISO 20000, ISO 27001 and CMMI. Organizations have the ability to determine the best method for maintaining documents; for example, keeping hard copies as the only approved originals, setting up folders on Intranet sites, or using a combination of network drives, spreadsheets and controlled documents. While best practices standards typically do not require a specific method for document control, the time and effort spent in establishing document control processes can delay the completion of a project, cause mistakes, or make it difficult for staff to find needed information.
Any strong document control system should take the following criteria into consideration:
- Who will be in charge of managing and approving documents?
- Who should have access different types of documents?
- How will documents be modified as changes are needed?
- Where will documents be stored?
- Where will records be stored?
- How do we include electronic and hardcopy records in the same system?
- What type of schedule is needed for document review?
ITG’s software, CENTRE, addresses all of these factors and can be integrated with our consulting services to help speed up an existing project, and provide your organization with a coherent and simple way to manage document and record control processes in a single, customizable repository based on your needs.
CENTRE’s embedded workflow for document and record control helps:
- Ensure that all employees have access only to the documents applicable to their roles
- Schedule automated notifications to ensure that employees review documents at the determined frequency
- Provide a function for simplified retrieval of documents.
- Upload records for easy indexing and map locations to hard copy locations or network drives.
- Create customized keyword searches
- Record meeting minutes, assign action items, and send notifications to monitor follow-up to completion of assignments.
ITG provides organizations with a solution to manage ISO required records, CMMI artifacts and configuration items by aligning CENTRE’s document management module with best practices to help implement your performance improvement methodology and objectives more efficiently and effectively.
Please contact us today to learn how CENTRE can provide the optimal document management solution.