Incident Management Software for Best Practices
The ability to respond to customer requests, particularly requests that involve issues which may be interrupting delivery of service is an important part of meeting customer commitments and often may be required by Service Level Agreements, which dictate response and time for resolution. In order to respond quickly, organizations need to understand what assets are involved, urgency and impact, and assign the proper channels for distribution and closure.
Automating the incident management process can help shift time spent in documenting and responding to the incident to time solving incidents. If an organization selects an application based on industry best practices to help manage incidents for internal or external customers, it may increase the capacity and availability of staff by resolving incidents more efficiently and effectively the first time, consequently eliminating rework and supporting improved customer satisfaction.
As an organization formalizes incident management, the following questions are a sampling of areas of consideration:
- How long does it take to respond and close a request?
- How many incidents occur daily, weekly, monthly?
- Are we meeting our SLA’s internally and externally?
- Do we have hardware or software that consistently causes interruption into daily activities?
- How can we prioritize incidents?
- Do we need to make any changes to prevent issues from occurring and what configuration items will this include?
- What risks are there to our customers or services?
- How do we resolve common incidents more quickly and improve customer satisfaction?
ITG’s CENTRE software can be integrated with our consulting solutions to help not only speed up the existing project, but also provide your organization an automated system to manage incidents customized to your organization’s needs.
CENTRE’s embedded workflow for incident management helps:
- Document service request, provide incident detection and record date and time.
- Facilitate the creation, modification, and closure of incidents.
- Classify and prioritize incidents and initiate response for support.
- Apply priority, impact, and urgency for requests and links to configuration items.
- Monitor and track incidents through creation, investigation, and resolution.
- Provide thresholds for customizable escalation based Service Level Agreements.
- Establish incident ownership, monitoring, tracking and communication.
- Provides modifiable automated alerts and customizable reports.
If your organization receives service requests which require tracking incidents defined by SLA’s or is considering implementing ISO 20000-1:2011 or CMMI for Services, ITG can work with you to streamline your implementation. Integrating CENTRE into your processes provides functionality for automation of activities, allowing you to focus on managing results and ensuring SLA’s are consistently met; providing a faster implementation with more control, less paperwork, and lower management costs to maintain.
Please contact us today to learn about how CENTRE can provide an effective incident management solution tailored to your needs.