Supply Chain Management Software for Best Practices
Whether an organization is building a product, providing an integrated team for a complex project, or delivering services to customers, there is typically a need for the organization to work with vendors, manage purchasing and invoice requirements, coordinate product shipments, or employ subcontractors to help deliver services. The coordination of managing your supply chain is essential to controlling timeline and costs, managing relationships and quality, and meeting anticipated profits and customer satisfaction.
While supply chain management is not specifically defined in the ISO 9001, ISO 20000, and ISO 27001 standards or the CMMI framework; many aspects of the supply chain are expected, including requirements for purchasing, supplier evaluation, asset management, or measuring customer satisfaction. From how assets and vendors are managed to meeting customer requirements, supply chain management is a fundamental principle of best practices. Implementing a software application to help your employees eliminate manual steps allows your organization to focus on managing relationships with suppliers, establish better pricing to reduce costs and increase profits, and develop a strategy for continual improvement.
Managing your supply chain effectively requires an organization consider the following questions:
- When will I receive components required to continue our system integration?
- Which vendors consistently perform and meet our requirements?
- What team members should we assign to specific projects?
- Do our subcontractors meet both our requirements and customer expectations?
- What purchase orders need to be approved and what should be invoiced?
- How can we work with our vendors to develop a preferred pricing program that benefits both parties?
- What risks should we consider to ensure we can maintain business continuity when a key supplier has capacity or delivery issues?
- What methods should we implement to evaluate supplier performance?
ITG’s CENTRE software addresses these areas of concern and can not only be integrated with our consulting solution to help manage your existing project more efficiently, but can provide your organization an effective way to manage your supply chain in a single intuitive portal configured based on your requirements.
CENTRE’s Supply Chain Management module helps to:
- Manage Logistics, Subcontractors, Purchasing, Vendors, and Inventory
- Establish inventory for internal and external assets
- Monitor shipping and delivery of products
- Define types, classification, and costs of assets
- Track relationships between configuration items and contract assets
- Manage purchase orders and invoices through initiation to approval
- Provides portal to manage supplier information including vendors and subcontractors
- Evaluate supplier performance and establish trending for overall performance
- Provides dashboards for performance results
Incorporating CENTRE’s supply chain management module with our consulting services provides you with the ability to automate how you manage supplier relationships, inventory control, logistics and purchasing. Integrating a tool for supply chain management helps shift focus to managing results and allows for time to: establish metrics that are key to evaluating performance, better understand your inventory needs based on product lifecycles, and work with suppliers to establish mutually beneficial relationships, in addition to providing a faster implementation with more control, less paperwork, and lower management costs to maintain.
Please contact us today to learn about how CENTRE can help provide you with a solution to manage vendors, inventory, and purchasing.